.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Last look

Okay, I admit it. Even though I was really angry at him, I had still been interested, ever so slightly, as to his life sans moi.

So, I've been checking his blog.

I am now pleased to report that he has posted a new entry, I read it, then found myself...bored. No longer do I have any desire to check up on his current situation. Instead, I found myself wondering what it was that he had that tied me so inexplicably to him. I remember the words I used to use when describing him, remembering myself so enraptured by him, and am now, honestly, somewhat surprised to discover that whatever characteristics I had previously found to be so enthralling to now be completely absent. I believe it is safe to say that the emotional journey I have been on over nearly the last ten years is over.

In totally unrelated news, my classes are starting to improve. I have learned a lot over my first marking period as a new teacher, and there are several new classroom strategies that I will incorporate into my management system as the year goes by. Some will be introduced as early as tomorrow, as I will be observed next week and would like them to be in place before I get evaluated.

Finally, I am heading back to Austin tomorrow after my 5th period class. My court appointment to petition the court for administration privileges for Mom's estate is first thing Friday morning. I am hoping to accomplish much in little time. I head back to the city on Monday, partly because I wanted to leave a space open in case I needed to visit with the lawyer again before I leave, and partly because with my flight coupon I was restricted to a non-weekend return trip.

I hope I'll get to visit with some of you while I'm home, because now that I've taken so many days off (grieving, exhaustion, flu, and now court) I'm not planning to be back until the summer, when I can come for a more extended period of time and get more accomplished. See you soon!

Love and kisses!


1 Comments:

At 4:33 AM, Blogger cat said...

love and kisses to you too! you deserve it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home