.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Friday, November 12, 2004

Benefits

Things in Texas with the court went well. I took care of closing the bank accounts and now have a realtor looking into the property values of both houses.

While I was gone, Sarah moved into a cozy little studio on the Upper East Side. I haven't talked to her since then, but I'm hoping we can get together sometime soon.

Yesterday was a holiday, and I spent most of my time lounging around, lolling between cuddling and napping with the warm furry girls.

Today was pretty cool. I went to a NY English Language Arts test prep seminar, so I essentially had today off, too. Well, I mean I got to be with grown-ups all day and feel like I was learning beneficial things. The meeting was held at Columbia University, on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Totally swanky.

After that (I got out at 2...nearly an hour earlier than school usually lets out, so yay for me!) I went and did a little shopping. In the two years I've been here in NYC, I've lost enough weight to make my winter coat virtually useless. So, off to Macy's. Macy's is crazy. All the time. Enough to make a normal person claustrophobic. But once you get over that, it's 10 floors of shopping extravagance. I ended up getting 2 coats-one for "cold" and 1 for "holy crap, it's F'ing COLD."

Then to Sephora. Ah, Sephora. It's heavenly. I got a fun makeover from Benefit, which wasn't really so much of a makeover as a "I-came-in-with-no-makup-on, so-whatava-got-to-sell-me" kind of experience. I got a few small things and then finally headed home.

On the way from the subway to the apartment, I stopped and got a pizza at Romano's, which was very good and very cheap. (A small pizza with 2 toppings is about 6 bucks, and that lasts me about 3 meals.) Then, home to the girls.

We watched Sex and the City reruns, and now they are going somewhat nuts. I am going to try and play with them so they will stop waking me up at 5:30 in the morning all full of energy.

Yay for weekends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home