.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Running fast

Over the last few weeks, there has been a lot of redirection for me. I have been thinking about what I want, what I need, and the same things in regards to Jensen.

So today, we did things he wanted and needed. Not that we hadn't done them before, but today I really put myself in the thoughtful place of making him the most happy without just needing to focus on when class was over or whether he was going to crawl under the table at the restaurant and sprint for the door (hey, it's happened....)

We had a fantastic momma/son day. We went to gym class, where he ran, and ran, and ran. He loves the rock climbing slope, and is so agile. It's hard for me to force him to wait his turn because, well, the other kids are....slow. But he does, and I know that eventually the simple habit of being patient will be a blessing for him.

Then we walked around the shopping center, with the intention of just taking a walk. Then we passed the diner where we've eaten many times. He took my hand and pulled me in the door as he shouted, "Nom!NOM!" (He speaks LOLcat....just so you know.) So I figured we should eat. He was such a gentleman. There was french toast, scrambled eggs and OJ, and he ate using his fork without any help. We were able to expertly time the meal so when he had finally decided it was time to slide down the bench and under the table, it actually WAS.

We continued our walk to the dollar store, where you can find Hot Wheels (normally 5 or 6 dollars-no, really) helium balloons, and birthday cards all for a mere dollar. After much shopping, and several sprints to keep him with me, he chose a balloon and....ahem, a fairy princess wand with lights and sound. That, instead of a SpiderMan pull n' go car. Well, okay then. It's not hurting anybody, so why not?

After we got home there was a great nap with me getting to watch a movie while he slept with my arm around him, then little boy nekkid time, and then pee on the floor, which led to the best reason to be nekkid...a great bubble bath.

He is now upstairs pounding away on his wooden tool bench, having a fantastic time. We have had a lot of great days, but it was really nice being able to be with him, just us, and not be stressing about him being grumpy or having to eat as fast as possible to make sure I actually got a bite. Today was a perfect combination of him becoming a bigger boy and me being able to simply enjoy that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home