.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Working

Things are, as always, crazy.


I went to cover a class for a friend of mine from church who works for a private school. She happened to let me know that a long-term sub position was available because of the teachers is pregnant and due almost any day.


So, I went to interview last Thursday, did the coverage for my friend Friday morning, and was offered the full-time job before I left for that afternoon.


I spend most of the weekend and all day Monday finding and securing a place for Jensen at a local daycare that I felt comfortable with and could afford on my sub salary and still have a little left over. (Okay, honestly, it's very, very little.)


However, the kids are fantastic, they have tons of supplies - every kid has a book in each subject and for some classes even have their own workbook that they can write in! It's amazing to see the comparison between this and my Brooklyn hoodlums, and the amount of resources available here. All in all, it's a pretty cushy job, and it was a good way to bring in some extra money, try going back to work for a short time to see if I'm ready, and get something to put on my resume for the time I've been out of the workforce to stay home with Jensen.


He has had a great time at "school" the last couple of days. They feed him all the time, and he's doing projects already! He's growin' up so fast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home