.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Monday, November 22, 2004

Tough travel

Only two more days to go until Thanksgiving Break! Yay!

I managed to escape from school the moment it hit 3 pm, for which I am very proud of myself. I have been staying way too late and being tired and stressed out because of it. It has been hard not having enough time to myself at home. I'm still adjusting to life post-roommate and have a lot of stuff to do. I am also preparing to head upstate for the holidays and would like to have everything in order before I go.

However, that seems a lofty ambition at this point. I've been so worn out lately that by the time I get home, it is really difficult to get off the couch and get moving. I'm finally starting to feel better, which is definitely a plus, but the recovery has been slow. This past weekend I began to put my house back together and am hoping that everything else will be finished soon.

Although I was able to run from school relatively early today, I got stuck on the train...or without a train, to be more accurate. I had to stand on the platform at Queensboro Plaza for nearly twenty minutes, and during that time, the station manager sent us up and down the stairs with his announcements. ("Due to an earlier incident, all Manahattan bound service is suspended and Astoria boutnd service will be on the lower track." 2 minutes later, it was reversed. Another few minutes, that was switched. I think I went up and down the stairs 4 times before it was finalized.)

After a quick stop at the Post Office and then McDonald's, I headed home, only to be cut off by road construction and forced to walk two blocks out of my way, each way, to go around the road crew. But, finally, thankfully, I got home and spent the rest of the evening puttering around, looking for Christmas gifts online and balancing my finances.

Last, but not least, it is already time for a new recruitment effort by the Fellows program. If you are interested in leaving your current profession to join New York's Brightest and get a scholarship for half your Master's degree, go to

www.nycteachingfellows.org

The entire application process is done online....if you decide to go for it-good luck!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home