.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Milestone Weekend

We had a lovely weekend out of town for Memorial Day, and spent time with both sides of my family. We stayed with my Mom's older sister, and everything was wonderful. Back at Christmas, I had brought up my sadness that Jensen doesn't have a grandma on either side, and she had happily offered to step in as a surrogate. As great as that was, for some reason, having her be Grandma Sandy just didn't fly off the tongue for either of us. A big reason probably being that it's hard to switch gears after calling her Aunt Sandy for my whole life. So, I was talking to Jensen about her, and "Auntie Grams" slipped out. An epiphany that sat well with all!

We also experienced some major milestones. Jensen managed to begin full-on pushups, up on his toes, just like grown-up ones, and after a few tries, was able to get his knees under him. Shortly afterward he also came to the conclusion that he can lay on the floor and scoot himself backwards using his hands to push himself. Bottom line? (haha) This boy's gonna be crawlin' soon, and I'm gonna be in tru-uh-ble.

Also, during one of his many giggle fits, Michael pointed out to me that he now has 2 more teeth breaking through, this time on the top!

He also has started drinking juice from a sippy cup, mainly with a little help from a grown up, but sometimes all on his own! And today was the first time I actually saw him pick up a fruit puff with his thumb and forefinger! YUM!

Last, but not least, one of my younger cousins was sweet enough to teach Celine how to ride a bike. She had tried several times before, but for some reason was panicked about getting a bruise. After watching my cousins do it, she became convinced it was safe, and one of them gave up his bike and taught her himself. So, she spent the last hour of our trip happily zooming up and down the road in front of the house. Good for her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home