.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Monday, October 26, 2009

Yay x4

Spent most of today adding to the decor in my part time classroom, visiting with former-now-new-again collegues, and visiting the local movie theatre, Staples, and toys R us for classroom supplies. I scored a Star Wars Clone poster from Toys R Us, and Toy Story and Ice Age from the cinema. My school is going through a "visit" (code for "evaluation") next week, and everyone is kind of anxious about everything not being completely perfect.

I was out until nearly 9, then went to pick up the boys at PaPa's. Hung out there and had my first bite to eat in more than 8 hours. Got lots of cuddles from my boy. He's my sunshine and blue skies.

Now I'm finally home, but I start work in the morning, so I have to make sure my stuff is ready to go, and that I'm mentally ready to get going in the morning. There are still logistics to be worked out, as I am finding out further duties that were not outlined when I signed the contract. But, it's a job, and that, in and of itself, is a thing I am thankful for. Can't wait to get paid, as I spent Jensen's birthday gift card and my last $20 in cash on school supplies and to put gas in the car.

Things are going to get easier.This Wednesday I have an interview for a second part time job with an after-school program in Harlem doing college prep with 9th and 10th graders.

I am still applying for other part time/flexible work to try and round out my week to close to 40 hours. The best part of doing it this way is that I'll still get to spend most of the day with Jensen, and should be home in time to put him to bed, too. Michael is looking into working night security, so with luck, he may be able to watch him while I'm gone, except for the hour or two when we're both traveling. So, work-yay, money-yay, face time with the Termite-yay, and finally, not having to pay for day care-yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home