.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Who needs sleep?

Well, it's crunch time here...

I've got 7 school days left until Christmas vacation, my second observation within 7 days is tomorrow, two take-home finals for university due next week, an apartment to clean and decorate before people come over this Saturday and two furry kitties who are feeling way neglected.

I am really frantic.

I think if I can get through the observation tomorrow, things will start to feel much better. By then, I won't have as many lessons to plan before the end of the term (the day before a vacation is always crazy, so I choose to have controlled craziness rather than attempt to teach a real lesson which children will ignore and be crazy anyway).

I have tomorrow and Friday nights and Saturday daytime to finish cleaning and decorating, because I'm having my first party in my NYC apartment...I'm really excited, but also thinking about all the stuff I haven't gotten done yet.

Checked off on the list, however, is Christmas shopping. I went totally online this year, and all but two gifts for Texans are already wrapped and on their way to Round Rock. Those two are coming here because there were more things for family here in that shipment and this particular company didn't appear to split the orders between shipping addresses.

So, for holiday cheer, I just have to get my cards together (bought last year at half off) and put up my tree! Hopefully the girls will not try to climb or eat it while I'm at school. (It's fake, so at least they won't be tempted by that fresh-tree smell!)

Besides that, today was the coldest it's been so far this year! There were actually some light snowflakes in the air on the way to work today and it was really windy and freezing on the way home from class at about 9 tonight.

Ah-there was a knock at the door---Christmas gifts! Fun, fun, fun! One for me, and one for my Aunt.

Anyway, lessons to type and such. Love ya'll!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home