.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Monday, March 07, 2005

Social butterfly

I am so happy to report that I am totally and completely overwhelmed. Sound odd? Well, in explanation, I am really feeling like my school is becoming my community.

Every morning it seems like there are more smiles, hugs, and "how're yous" than there were the day before. I am starting to spend more time socializing outside of school, and while it is exhausting, it is also fantastic!

After I went to dinner with Michael on Friday and stayed out late, I went to school on Saturday to do yearbook stuff and then met up with him to have lunch. From there, he took me into Manhattan to drop me off to meet a friend from school. (That doesn't seem like a big deal, but to hire a car from Brooklyn into Manhattan was about $25, a luxury that I simply can't afford to splurge on right now, but he sweetly assumes is the only way I should travel, and so took care of it for me!)

My friend from school and I had a great time, first getting Starbucks and then sitting on the floor in Penn Station for several hours as she asked me questions about my date. (She is one of the only people at school who is aware of the situation and is wonderfully supportive.) Then, we went back to the apartment she is house-sitting at (why we didn't think to go there earlier, I don't know) and we got pizza and a coupla beers and watched a movie.

Everything seems to be going well with Michael, although there are complications to dating someone who is older and works in the same building, but we are moving forward one day at a time as we establish ground rules for what is uncharted territory for both of us. One of those things is that we are not assuming that we are exclusive, for several reasons.

One of those reasons being that I am going to an art gallery opening that was planned before I first went out with Michael and a couple who are friends of mine have manipulated a "chance" encounter for me and one of their other mutual friends. I haven't felt so popular in a while!

Also, I finalized my plans for Spring Break, which also makes me feel special, to have friends in so many places and know that all of us are anxious to see each other and celebrate the wonderful changes in each other's lives. I am proud to announce that I will be celebrating Holly's upcoming marriage AND helping to choose a furry new addition to Rocio's home (Enrique needs a pal!)

It's rather nice to be a butterfly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home