.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Not traumatized

Just a quick update...

1) Michael had a small lesion on his forehead and finally had it checked out. He has been diagnosed with skin cancer, but his docs have told him not to worry. His surgery is scheduled for Nov 7.

2) There's been an offer on the house. The prospective buyers have now entered the limited time where they may have apprasials and surveys done on the property before backing out (if desired) with only a small fee.

3) My super came over Sunday and informed me that the water pipe that runs below my bathroom floor and into my kitchen was leaking and they would be coming in Monday to tear up my whole floor to repair the pipe. However, when I came home yesterday, there was only a small section torn up and it already had new cement poured into it. There was no note, and they didn't leave the extra set of keys, so I don't know if they're finished or not. I guess I'll find out today...

4) Assume I got the nearly 5,000 grant from AmeriCorps for completing my million-plus hours of service in a high-needs school. (I had some trouble getting my forms in on schedule, so there was some question as to whether or not they would revoke my money. Looks now like they accepted everything.)

5) Started teaching 5th graders at Saturday School. They were so cute! (Of course, I only had 10 of them to deal with, but still, they're not like my 8th graders, that's for sure!!!)

6) Signed up to attend an after-school enrichment course in how to teach writing better, for a training rate paycheck. (Even though we have a contract, teachers have an estimated pay rate per hour -about $37 before our triple taxes here-and another rate for simply training, or listening to someone drone on and on.) At any rate, it's extra money.

7)Wanting to make a trip home, but not sure if or when that's possible. Very tired and have much lack of moolah. However, am hoping that when funds from other house come in, I may have some cash to have visits with some of my favorite people.

8) Turns out I was not at all traumatized from the lack of a high school reunion. I was very busy sorting out kittens and vet appointments and cleaning and grading. Am now very glad I used that weekend to my best advantage instead of immersing myself back into "been there's and done that's."

9) That's all for now. Love and kisses!!

1 Comments:

At 12:48 AM, Blogger cat said...

If you make a trip back to Texas, do call or email! I'll be there from Dec 9-31st before heading out to Kenya!

Glad Michael's procedure went well!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home