.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Workin' It (Or not)

Things are going well. I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and was proclaimed "perfect" in terms of the pregnancy. Yay! He says everything is normal and fine. (However, regular people keep telling me how huuuuge my belly is. Hhhhmmm, great to know.)

It has been a great weekend so far. Michael and I have had some much needed couple time and we got to even have breakfast out and go to the movies today.

It also appears that we have come to a pretty amiciable agreement on the child care for our new baby--me. So, when I go back to work on Monday, I'll be picking up the forms to take a school year-long leave of absence. When I'm ready to go back to the education of other people's young'uns, I'm planning on getting a job at a high school. I already have several in mind, but will just have to keep an eye on them for now.

I did have one tiny disappointment recently. I had been planning on submitting pics of Lena and Sydney to possibly be published in an upcoming book by Mutts comic Patrick McDonnell entitled "Shelter Stories," which is going to feature comic strips about shelter animals mixed with happy stories about real ones. However, just when I was ready to post my entry, I saw that I had misread the deadline. It was May 2, 12: 01 am. I was thinking midnight May 2, when it was actually the midnight leading into May 2. So, the contest was closed and I couldn't enter. Oops. So, I'll just have to go with other options to get the girls in print. I already have a story written to submit to Cat Fancy magazine, so, we'll see!!

Besides that, I am anxious to go set up our new bistro set (2 chairs and a table) for the balcony. I am promised a breakfast al fresco tomorrow morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home