.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

+4 and a half

I have an appointment today at 11 for a sonogram and a stress test. Even if he's doing fine, they'll probably go ahead and recommend that he gets medically persuaded into coming out. I'm still hoping and praying that he decides to make an appearance of his own free will. We'll see what the tests say and then make a decision from there.

Most of the books and websites that I've looked at say that it's perfectly normal to have a baby grow into a 41st week of pregnancy, but that around the 42nd week it starts to be progressively less healthy. Of course, that's assuming that the 42nd week is the actual 42nd week, and not a guess.

Whatever is going on with him, he's starting to seriously impact my physical abilities. Up until the last few days, I've actually been okay with most of the complaints of pregnancy. Of course, it was no picnic, but it wasn't so, so bad. Now, it is bad. My tummy gets in the way of everything, and I can't bend directly over the sink to brush my teeth or wash my hands anymore (I stand sideways and lean in that way). I also run into doorknobs on a regular basis, and the corners of the backs of my dining chairs poke me a lot more than they used to.

After my marathon shopping walk the other day, I never totally got back to where I was physically, and I pretty much have to lay down and slide across the seat to get in and out of the car. Turning over in bed has become its own Olympic event that has had me near tears on a couple of attempts.

Adding all of this to the fact that in order for me to 1)leave or enter the house 2)go to the bathroom or 3)start, switch, or retrieve a load of laundry I have to climb a flight of stairs, I have gotten to a point where even just hanging out at home is just barely tolerable.

So, the ending to the story is that I am somewhere around 99% sure that by the end of the week I'll be posting that I have had the baby. Whether that is because the doctor said he had to come out, or he comes out on his own, or his momma says it's time to come out seems to be the only part of this scenario that remains to be seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home