.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Friday, October 12, 2007

Signs? Dunno...

Okay, so I might be in the early, early stages of labor.

No noticeable contractions yet, but as the non-stress test from yesterday showed that I was already having small contractions....

I am having a low, dull backache again, this time has been going for several hours without letting up. I called my doula, and over the phone she actually told me that it is possible for a woman to be in the earliest stages of labor for a week or two before the big show starts. This explains those stories you hear of women who walked around for a week or so being a centimeter or two dilated or whatever. So, she thinks it's possible that my body HAS been in labor - probably since the full moon when I wrote about having those other random symptoms.

I also feel PMS-y. I've a couple of menstrual-like cramps, but only a couple, and so far, only on one side. Hahaha. Explain that...

To top things off, I went ahead and made plans to have lunch with two wonderful ladies from church tomorrow. Personally, I subscribe to the theory where if you are really hungry and go out to eat, the most likely way to get the meal to come is to get up and leave the table and go to the ladies room. In other words, I think that since I now have something more fun to do then sit around and wait for him, Jensen will probably take that opportunity to come. Again, I laugh.

I'm going to go take a nice long bath now and see if contractions start or if, heading the other way, my back feels better.

If contractions do start, there's a good chance I'll be up most of the night, especially since I took a nice long nap earlier today, so there might be another post or two before morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home