.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Monday, March 28, 2005

Details

Okay, now I have a little more time.

I met him at the school Friday night, where we got into his Jeep and drove into the City. We checked into our room, which overlooked the harbor and had a fantastic view of the Statue of Liberty.

While he ordered room service, I got dressed up for dinner. (I had been shopping for a few hours at Macy's earlier that day, and decided on a green shimmery silk top and a black skirt with piping that matched the shirt.) He looked very polished, in a starched white shirt and tan slacks. We had dinner, which was probably the best meal I'd had in months. Those Ritz chefs really do a great job!

After dinner we turned on music ....

The next morning we had room service again and lounged around in the Ritz-Carlton bathrobes that come for use with the room. I decided to take a bath in their luxurious tub while he hung out and basically waited around for me. (Such a sweetie!)

Then, it was time to go, so I went around and took just about everything that wasn't nailed down. I now have a cute little collection of Ritz toiletries, pens, pencils, notepads, stationery and even the "Do Not Disturb" sign! At this, he just laughed and told me to take whatever made me happy. He claims that he's outgrown the desire to pilfer hotel rooms and stay until the very last second before checking out, but I don't think I'll ever get over it!

After checking out, we went for a walk around Battery Park then headed down to the South Street Seaport. On the way, we stopped into St. Paul's, which is always open to the public. We walked down the aisle together and found a pew, where we sat and prayed for several minutes, then examined the marriage vows in the Book of Common Prayer. The church was getting ready for Easter services and it was really interesting to see all of the action going on but still feel so completely at peace.

We strolled through the cemetary, looking at stones from roughly the time of the American Revolution, then headed down to the South Street Seaport, where we did some window shopping and had lunch.

After catching a cab to go back to the hotel to retrieve our bags and the Jeep, he drove me home. It was amazing to me how much I missed him during the day Sunday. I couldn't wait to get to work this morning.

Now it's time to go again...he's already taken me out to lunch today, but now we're going to dinner as well. Scary how much I care for him already. I hope I did something to deserve this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home