.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Ritzy

Okay, so I've found out the biggest part of my surprise weekend. We are going to the Ritz-Carlton hotel overlooking the harbor at Battery Park. I'll have to tell you more when I am no longer speechless.

As for Stephanie's questions....

Yes, I love him. Absolutely. I actually almost blurted that out a few times before he gave me the card, and I had to hold myself back. I just thought it couldn't be happening so soon, but I guess it was!

Do I think he's going to propose this weekend...? No, I don't think so, but I'm learning rather quickly that anything is possible with this man! (Yesterday he told me that he wished we were married already...)

And the big one...how did I get over not initially being physically attracted to him...? I admit, I did have to do a little self-talk...my typical "type" is lean and medium height, with dark hair and dark eyes. And the last guy I was in a relationship with was really physically beautiful. But then, I was describing Michael to a friend (blonde hair, blue eyes, and built like a tank) and she said that was her "ulitmate" type. And I realized that it was stupid to hold onto preconceptions like what hair color is more attractive or which body type is more desirable. And, since he's 20 years older, I finally figured out that I had to decide what I wanted and what was best for me, rather than thinking about what my parents might have said or how my brother is going to be such a jerk about it. And I really believe that Michael and I are what's best for each other, based on how things have been so far. Besides that, I found out that he is a fantastic kisser and any residual twinges I had disappeared. It's actually really hard to hold on to any typical conventions when he's as wonderful to me as he is.

I'm sure you've all heard that men are sexually attracted to the body (and therefore have sex to help form the emotional bond) and women are attracted to the personality (and so sex is saved for after the emotional connection is made.) The last man I was with was gorgeous, but I was in a situation where I was continually getting hurt and made to feel that I was unimportant. (Not that it was all his fault...no one was forcing me to stay.) But with Michael, he treats me with kid gloves. I don't have to fight for his attention, and he is always doing those things that girls wish their boyfriends would do. His ultimate desire with me is to make sure that I'm happy and safe. I don't think anything could be more attractive than that!

I promise I will give updates ASAP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home