.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Monday, April 04, 2005

fountians of fun

Saturday I took my little drama group to Lincoln Center. It was so much fun, I could hardly believe it!

We were scheduled to meet at school at 2 pm, so I went up a little early since I knew Michael would be working. I hung out with him for about an hour and told him my iterary for the day. When I told him that the train to get into the city was displaced and I was going to take the girls on a shuttle bus (a bus that runs the same line as the train, only above ground and has to deal with the traffic and the lights) he told me that he was leaving the school at 2 to go to Penn Station anyway and that we all should ride with him. It took a little convincing (I wasn't sure how I would address questions from the girls about that coincidence if they came up) but eventually I agreed that would be for the best.

We set out almost on time and went into Manhattan, letting the girls see the city up close! We got dropped at Penn and took the train to Lincoln Center, where we saw 2 exhibits at the Library for the Performing Arts-1 about Disco (actually got to see John Travolta's suit from Saturday Night Fever!) and one about the man who wrote the song "Somehere Over the Rainbow" among others. We stopped to take pictures in front of the fountian and then with the windows of the theater in the background. Then, we went to dinner at a diner, then back to Lincoln Center where we shopped at the gift store for the Opera . After that, we had about an hour to kill, so we went to Starbucks and had coffee. Finally, we finished the evening with clarinet recital by a student at the Juilliard School.

Micheal had also arranged for the same driver to pick us up when we were through, so it was wonderful not having to take the train home. I got to show the girls somewhat where I live (since we used the 59th st bridge to get across the river) and they got to see the Manhattan skyline "in real." When I asked them if they'd had a good time, at first there were some "uh-huh's' (they were really tired-we'd been out and about for nearly 8 hours at that point) when one of them exclaimed, "No, I had a GREAT time!" Such things warm the heart! All in all, it was a really beautiful day - both for me and the girls- and made me realize for about the millionth time how lucky I am that Michael and I ran into each other in the hallway back in September.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home