.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Friday, November 18, 2005

Movie madness

Ooh, ooh, it is the beginning of movie season!!

I am anxious to see:

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Opening: Today
I just finished reading the book for the second time, as I am now helping with the HP book and movie club at school, and cannot wait to see all of the amazing special effects. I have read many, many reviews already and believe this will be the best of the series so far. I am hoping to see it in IMAX over the weekend. However, I will be seeing it alone, as Michael in such a Muggle.

Walk the Line
Opening: Today
The biopic of the infamous Man in Black himself, Mr. Johnny Cash. I'm not much of a Joaquin Phoenix fan, but looking at the trailers, he's done a great job. He does look the part, and, after much coaching and learning to play the guitar for real, actually does do all of his own singing. A great addition is a brunette Reese Witherspoon, who rarely has done anything but exceptional work as June Carter Cash.

Rent
Opening: Thanksgiving Weekend
I'm "over the moon" (haha) about the movie adaption of this fabulous Broadway musical. Love that they were faithful to much of the On-Broadway cast. Am preparing to sing along, cry, and then go search the city for filming locations used in the film.

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Opening: Dec 9
I just finished reading this aloud with one of my classes. The Stone Table scene makes me tear up just reading it. With Tilda Swinton looking frightening as the White Witch, I am afraid I might have a wonderfully deserved breakdown watching the movie. Even the trailer was choking me up!! Yay!!!

Will let you know if or when I see these films, and since it's my blog, I'll be telling you whether or not I think you should go, too!! :)





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home