.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Holiday Stretch

Well, we're back at school, but the holidays are not quite over.

Amy spent last week with me until Thursday. We saw some Memiors of a Geisha, which was beautiful, and The Family Stone, which was more poignant than I had expected. Michael then joined up with us and we went to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular, which was, of course, amazing. Later on, Micheal and I got our picture taken on the setup they provide with a real sleigh and fake presents with a backdrop of Radio City. From there, we went to see the Rockefeller Center tree and got to witness a marriage proposal (no, not ours).
After that, we went to dinner.

Spliced in between all that was 3 days of work, which was actually pretty fun. We got to put on a small play as part of the curriculum, and even though it was only in the classroom, we all had a pretty good time and they begged me to find something else for them to perform for next week. We'll see what I can do.

After finishing up work, I waited around for deliveries most of the day Friday. My beautiful new shelving from West Elm and my silk down blanket from Restoration Hardware finally arrived around 7 pm.

Saturday morning I said bye to the kitties and hopped a train upstate. I got to see everybody and had Christmas twice over (once at Dad's side, once at Mom's side.) It was wonderful, but too short a time. I had to come back yesterday afternoon to prepare to come back to work.

Upon my return yesterday afternoon, I saw that I have several New Year's resolutions to be made (becoming a better housekeeper would be one) and also that my kitties had been very busy. They broke a glass off the kitchen counter and pulled one of my shirts out of the laundry and "buried" it in their water bowl. After cleaning that up, I went to lay down with a bad headache. Apparently my body was tired, because I ended up "sleeping through" and only got up around 1:30 when the kids told me they were hungry. Anyway, being back at work is not what I want to be doing today, but here it is....

Tomorrow I have an appointment to get my hair done at a chic-chic salon (a very thoughtful gift from Micheal-he even had to track down my friend to get the name!) and then on Thursday, we're going to have our own official Christmas and go see his Dad and take him out to dinner and give him his gifts.

Looking forward to the rest of my holiday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home