.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Holiday

This break was super-busy. (I seem to be saying that a lot.) Here's the down-low:

Last Tuesday Michael and I had our own Thanksgiving at "our" restaurant. They actually were already serving the traditional meal, and we had a very nice time.

Wednesday before Turkey Day I went with Michael to visit his Dad. After hearing that the traditional meal before Thanksgiving is pizza, we decided to get in on some of that action and had a pie before he went to NJ to see his little girl.

I stayed home, cause I knew I'd have to take a kitty to the vet Friday morning. More on that in a minute.

Thursday evening I went and saw Rent, which was great, talked to Amy in Texas, and my aunt on NV. All very fun.

I took Lena to the vet, 'cause she seemed to be having problems using the litter box. (I know, this may just be too much information for some, but the rest of you all have cats, too, so you'll understand how the kitties are family.) Anyway, turns out she's a tubby girl (although I already knew that and had been making an effort to play more with her) and that her big 'ol butt was getting in the way of peeing properly. The solution? A kitty butt-lift. Not kidding. Apparently cat urine is so acidic that after continued problems of peeing on herself as she tried to go potty, she was ending up burning her own legs. So, on Friday, I dropped her off in the morning and picked her up about 6 hours later with a shaved fanny and a RX for pain meds and antibiotics. It's now Tuesday, and she seems to be doing really well and is swatting at the boys again already!

Saturday I watched movies from Netflix-"Wilbur Wants to Kill Himself" (I was surprised to see "Moaning Myrtle" from Harry Potter as the lead actress, and yes, that really IS her voice!) and a personal favorite, "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." Then, I ordered Thai food. Yum.

Sunday I finally got into the swing of the cleaning thing and cleaned my bedroom. I still have the rest of the apartment to go, but hey, it's a start! Then, I ordered Indian food. Again, yum!

Today, I registered for next semester's grad school classes and I have a doctor's appt after school.

What am I thankful for? The retroactive money from the teacher's new contract is scheduled to be distributed on Dec 15, and our regular paychecks are supposed to reflect our new raises! Finally, I should be getting paid for Saturday school, too. (I've been working there since Oct, and haven't seen any money yet!)

Hope everyone is well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home