.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

One Year

Today is the one-year anniversary of my first date with Michael.

I am really happy because of a lot of things, and I have to say I am impressed that he's remembered and already said Happy Anniversary. (In fact, he said it last night at midnight...so sweet.)

He's mentioned that he has "plans," but honestly, I don't know where or when that will take place. I have a paper and presentation due tonight for my theatre class, and I won't even be getting home until around 10. We're trying to help each other not be so tired all the time and have discussed how more sleep would be great. With that in mind, we decided a few weeks ago to not go out after 10 on a night when we have to work the next morning. It kind of spoils things, at least for me, if I'm worrying how I'm going to function the next day after staying out late.

Either way, I am not stressing about it. I feel like I have a beautiful calm around me that started yesterday. Without going into it here, for those of you that know, let's just say that he's coming through on the the deal he and I made about the anniversary. He has committed to really start focusing on being a more involved part of the relationship, and, when I find a place I like, we'll be going to a couples counselor (probably a Christian retreat) and start working towards being an even better team. I have enough friends who have had relationship problems and if Michael and I continue down the path of staying together long-term, we both want our relationship to work as well as it possibly can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home