.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Monday, February 06, 2006

37 and 1/2

Today is the day the new teacher's contract stipulations begin. That means that we now have an "extended day" and will do "small group instruction" for an extra 37 and a half (love the half) minutes Mon-Thur from now on. I have a group of kids, and I know I'm scheduled to be in my own classroom, but besides that, I have NO idea what I am supposed to be doing with these children!

Sigh.

I admit it. I am tired of this job. I am here all the freaking time, and I still can't get everything done. I am irratible, frustrated, and my body is reminding me all the time! My face has gone back to developing acne cysts at random intervals, in random places. I am on medication, and doing the best I can, but it still isn't enough to keep them entirely suppressed. The next step may be something like Accutane. Fun. Between that and my acid reflux and my blood pressure (which I found out may be why I feel tired and have been getting headaches) I feel totally out of control. (My symptoms of acid reflux are not varied-I either A.-feel like I'm going to throw up most of the day, and especially so when I bend over, like when I feed my cats or pick a pencil off the floor of my classroom or B. -have a pressing pain in my chest, akin to a heart attack.)

I think the job is breaking me down. I am still undecided as to how to solve this problem. Do I:
A.-Quit teaching all together and find a job in another industry?
B.- Give this school another year with the "new" mandates from the state and hope it gets better?
C.- Try a different school where the students will be better? (I work in, literally, the worst school in the city, so at least I AM confident that anywhere else would be better.)
D. Get certified in a different subject (theatre) in addition to another option?
E.-Take the money from my mom and take off for six months or so to think?
F.-Get a Master's in either Publishing or Library Science before or while I make up my mind?


Please, please post a comment and let my know what you think! I need help, here!

1 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I say A, F, and a modified E. Leave teaching, move on to something you're passionate about, and use Mom's money to take a vacation in between teaching and moving on. I feel your pain, sister. Much love, Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home