.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Friday, February 03, 2006

Oh Happy Day!

It's Friday, it's Friday, it's Friday!

I have been needing this all week! Finally, I feel like I'm at a point where I can basically stop and (sorta) rest.

The final papers for the house closing are already notorized and just have to be put in the envelope.

The State toured our school for 4 long days and went home (as fast as they could) yesterday afternoon. They "concluded" a lot of things that we already knew:
-things (like phones and clocks) have to work
-the "workshop model" is frustrating for teachers and does not seem to be effective
-gang violence is prevalent in our school
-there is very little postitive parent involvement
-we're really trying, but the kids are resistant to being told what to do

Duh.

School started Tuesday, and I had a class Wednesday night also. In my research class, my former professor ran us ragged, so it actually turns out that I am ahead of the rest of the class in the new section I am in. What a relief!

Michael is back from several days in the hospital. He had a few more sights tested for skin cancer and had at least one lesion removed from his back. He came back yesterday and is doing very well. We went out to dinner last night and had a beautiful evening. It is very nice to have him at home again.

So, things appear to be on the up-and-up. I am looking forward to completing some more of my to-do list this evening, but self-congratulations are also in order for the 3 or 4 things that I have, in fact, already accomplished. Yay for me-on the road to organization!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home