.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Technology Goddess

So, I have been off the last few days and taken myself tech shopping.

I have now acquired:

1. An all in one printer, copier, scanner. Useful for all sorts of teacher/student/hobbie kinds of things.
2. A new digital camera. Good for tons of photos of my furry family. Photos to be posted soon.
3. A new monitor, at which point my list breaks and goes into narrative...

I got a new monitor because for some reason my old one wasn't showing any picture (well, and as far as technology goes, it was old and not very cool). After more exploration, I discovered that although everything had worked just a few hours before, my mouse, speakers, and keyboard were also not responding. After a long chat with Compaq, it turns out that, in techie-talk, my CPU is, um, broken. They don't know why, but of course, they suggest that I replace it with a new CPU, which I will have to do if I plan to have a desktop computer. But, I have to find someone to save my hard drive and transfer the info (all my pictures, grad school papers, lessons plans, etc.) into the new computer.

To keep me going in the meantime (and becuase I felt like it was a worthwhile investment) I bought a laptop, which is number four on the list if you're keeping track.

Besides that, I have a trip to (wait for it) Las Vegas coming up soon. Michael is going to a conference, and we decided it would be a fun weekend away. My Aunt Liz and her hubby Kevin live in Reno, so they're going to jump over and spend part of their weekend with us (Liz is flying out to another trip later on in the weekend, so they can only spend one night.) It sounds like we'll be having a great time, and I am very excited, especially since I've never been there before!

The week off has been going pretty well, although I still have a ton of stuff to do to finish "pulling myself together" before school starts again on Monday. The days off have just been flying by, and although I've been really tempted, I haven't been sleeping or watching TV the whole time, either!

Well, I have to go finish doing research for my class (I'm at the school library) so I will go for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home