.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Nesting

I spent a looong time at Babies R Us recently. I had gone there a few times in the last couple of months, but apparently was a bit anxious about having the baby and was unable to actually purchase anything, therefore leaving empty-handed, even after shopping for quite a while and sometimes even putting things in my basket. This week, however, was different.



I had some really fantastic talks with my Getaway Girls, who have been so wonderful and supportive, and most of my anxiety has more or less dissipated.



During my shopping, I figured that since Father's Day is coming up, Michael should have his own care kit for the baby. I selected a somewhat manly diaper bag (as manly as it can probably get) and some basics-a few bottles, 2 outfits that will be appropriate in Oct or Nov, some pacifiers, diapers, a box of travel wipes, and a rattle. Michael was thinking he was going to get a bottle of Polo for Father's Day. Wow! Won't he be surprised!



We did decide on a sports theme for the nursery, but that didn't stop me from getting a couple of cute stuffed animals and a big, plush blanky to spread out on the floor for him play on.



Today, I took Michael back to the store with me, and I think (we have to measure the room carefully first) we have decided on a furniture set. Right now, we have a full size mattress on a frame and a bookshelf in there. However, Celine is only with us on the weekends, so the mattress isn't necessary most nights. First, to give us space, the full size mattress has to be moved to Michael's Dad's house, where we can store it under the bed Celine has over there. We have decided to get a sleeper chair (like a sleeper sofa, only the bed that folds out is a twin) and the baby will get a crib that "grows" into a bed with rails, and finally, a regular full-sized bed. We'll also get a dresser that has a top that can double as a changing table. So, the decisions have to be solidified, but I think we're very close to beginning to build the nursery.



1 Comments:

At 1:27 AM, Blogger cat said...

I'm a bit behind on communication after my 1.5 years in Africa so I just now heard about the BABY! Wow, Laura, that's so exciting! Sounds like y'all have already made tons of plans and are quite ready for the arrival of Jensen (what a great name!). Can't wait to visit NYC sometime next year to meet your little one! Congrats again!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home