.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Happy birthday!



Jensen is two weeks old today!




And so I continue his story from the day he was born...




After a few days in the NICU for abnormally low blood sugar level, Jensen was brought to room in with me at the hospital. He was quite a screamer, as we were trying to teach him to breastfeed after several days of being bottle fed by hospital workers.




Things are much better on that front, and he now switches back and forth between breastfeeding and bottles since he is hungry all the time.



We are adjusting to life at home, which is sometimes great, sometimes really, really stressful.


We are lucky that we've had several people come by to bring food or watch the baby for a few hours while I take a nap.


The doula has also been here for a few days. I have one paid day left, so I am saving it until the end of the week, when I will probably be the most sleep deprived.


Michael is doing well as a dad and is really helpful most of the time, letting me sleep and taking shifts on feeding and diaper duty.


As a final bonus, here is one of the only pictures of me hugely pregnant:

I don't know why I was so suprised that he was so BIG!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home