.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Hectic is Beautiful!

Cat...I would LOOOVE to see you that weekend. You are more than welcome to stay with me! As soon as I can get to my email (probably tomorrow) I'll send you info to get in touch via phone. (I cancelled my home internet service since I have a computer in my classroom now, but it has a computer nanny program installed from the Dept of Ed, so I can't check my email from here.) It is great to have company.

Things ARE hectic, but still good. I have a doctor's appointment today for that kind of doctor. I've been thinking about going on Seasonale (the idea of only 4 periods a year sounds really good to me) and it's just been a few, um, years, since I've had a routine checkup in that area. I always put that off because I had a really horrible, traumatic experience at my first exam and seem to have residual anxiety about that as soon as I get near a doctor's office. However, I have to say that Michael is simply the best. I didn't even have to ask him to go with me....as soon as I told him I had an appointment, he just stated that he would take off work to go with me. It is truly wonderful to have someone in my life who knows exactly what I need and does it without having to be asked. It is even more of a comfort this time, because when I made the appointment, I was really overly focused on the issue of birth control options. It wasn't until last night that I freaked out about having to have the tests that would indicate the possibilty of having cancer. Don't get me wrong, I have no symptoms, so there really isn't anything to worry about. It's just emotional since it will be my first test regarding this since cervical cancer took my mom.

Anyway, that aside, I'm excited because of two things: one, Michael is coming with me to my appointment, then (after putting in a few hours at work) is going to come back and spend some time with me, and two, I get to go to a theater conference tomorrow and see "Streetcar" with John C. Reilly ("Chicago and "The Good Girl"). No school for me!!! Yay!

Finally, Spring Break is only 6 working days away (I get to go back to theater on Monday, too!) I am really, really looking forward to seeing my friends again! I miss ya'll!!

1 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger astoria lily said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Stephanie. Now that I've had a little more time to research and chill out, I feel better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home