.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Hanging by strings

Back at school. Ugh. So, so tired! I was rescheduled for the testing today and was accidently scheduled to work for 7 periods. (That's out of 8 total.) I am supposed to be off at least 2.

Michael and I are in the middle of a spat. He is still holding on to a ton of crap from other relationships and projecting it onto me. I am so tired of people who only choose to analyze the actions of others with no regard to their own. Every action is motivated by something, but it may or may not actually have anything to do with the particular person that gets an effect from it. Michael's mom was very sickly and was in and out of the hospital, but when she was well, she would also would take, um, "vacations" by herself for extended bouts. He would never know when he'd get home and there'd be a suitcase by the door.

He learned to cope with his fear of someone leaving by lashing out at them until they actually DID leave. Then he could say to himself, "See? Everyone leaves. It's just a matter of time. So I might as well help them along, so at least I know when it's coming." Well, now that things between us are still fine, but we're coming up on the one year mark, he has decided to start this strategy with me. We've talked about it, and he knows he's doing it, but he's having a hard time controlling his critical comments.

And, even though I know what he's doing, and that's it not the way he really thinks or feels, it's starting to get to me.

Why can't people just get over it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home