.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Nice Night

Well, Friday night was definitely great. I picked up a package for Michael in Manhattan, which was fun for me, then headed home to find flowers on my doorstep!My very good friend Amy had sent them to me! They are beautiful white orchids and pink stargazer lillies. (The kitties have been very interested in them, but have only looked so far-could it be the spray bottle full of water I keep nearby? Perhaps.) After giving my pretty flowers a home in the living room, I went and showered and put on a nice black dress with pink accessories and shoes. (I am becoming a pink freak. I never woulda thunk it!)

When Michael got home around 6, he changed his clothes and then took me to the Rainbow Grill, which is a part of the awe-inspiring Rainbow Room (the Rainbow Room itself appeared to be closed for a private party). It was wonderful, with fabulous all-around views of Manhattan. The food was sumptuous, the waiters wear white tuxedos, and they even use one of those cool crumb-sweeper-thingies.

Afterward, I admit, we headed straight home. We had plans to go to Top of the Rock for drinks, but we talked too much during dinner and missed the last elevator up. While that would have been fun to do, we also had to work Saturday morning, and it's really hard to do the sixth straight day in a week with little sleep.

So, now we're back to the daily grind. It's already been a long week, and I'll tell you why...

The closing on the house was supposed to be yesterday. That's right, I said supposed. My sh*t-head brother went to sign the papers, and when he got there, all of a sudden decided that he wasn't going to sign anything. (Telling them that I'm so dumb, I should have priced the property higher, I'm trying to scam him and steal his money, etc., etc.) So, with the buyer, the buyer's agent, our agent, and the title company reps, he basically threw a hissy fit and walked out.

My lawyer is currently confirming that as the estate's administrator, I bear the responsibility for the deal and that if Stephen doesn't like it, too bad. I am simply so mortified that he did what he did. What an embarrassment! Anyway, the buyer is threatening to sue Stephen for breach of contract, and I say best of luck to him on it! Currently the Leander and Round Rock properties are all that's available as part of the estate, so if Stephen gets sued, we'll have to sell the RR house for him to get any money to mount a defense. Ha ha ha. He's really shot himself in the foot this time-all he had to do was sign and they would have handed him a check for "his half" of the Leander house! What an idiot.

Updates soon, I hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home