.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Pink 'n then Some

This week is going to be a major preparation week. I have been working on future stepdaughter's room (from now, how 'bouts we just call her CC?) Michael has been at work and taking her to work with him, so I could figure things out. CC decided that Pink and Purple were the colors she wanted, so off we went. I have repainted a desk and dresser that were already in the room, and the rest of the furniture is being put out on the curb tomorrow. I started stripping the wallpaper and faux wood paneling off the walls (YEECH!) today and tomorrow will go back to strip the paint we found under all that and then repaint.

Michael is amazed at how handy I am. (Daddy would be proud that I now own my own belt sander in addition to my own power drill! And yes, I know how to use both, thank you very much.)

Furthermore, I am using the rest of my waking hours to finish cleaning my own apartment, in anticipation of school starting and going on our boat ride next week. I am also trying to get every stitch of clothing I own clean and hung up so I can pack for said trip.

All of this has been a work in progress, so naturally, something else would have to happen to throw a wrench in it, right? Michael's brother just called and has already arranged a trip to stay for a week at his Dad's. And he gets here Thursday, by the way. All of that means that we really have to try hard to get Dad's house more in order.

Again, that has also been a work in progress-we ordered living room furniture yesterday, as the only pieces of furniture in the living area are a corner section of a sectional, (someone explain THAT to me, please!) two put-it-together-yourself-and-even-left-the-assembly-stickers-on-tables (one coffee table and one end table, that goes on the end of WHAT? See above!) and a really, really trashed out chair. There wasn't even room for all of us to sit in the room and watch the TV together! Anyway, new stuff is coming, thank goodness, but, of course, won't be here until after Brother leaves.

Dad has a friend that he pays a coupla bucks to clean the house once a week, but I suspect he does it more for the company-the house really doesn't look clean even right after she's been there. But, I've met her, and she seems like a sweet lady. It's good for Dad to have an extra bit of conversation, but it's difficult trying to keep up with three extra people, a total of 5 cats and 3 dogs, all in 2 different living spaces.

Anyway, I'm doing the best I can, wishing there were 26 hours in a day and that I could keep going without getting as tired as I am. With luck, I'll be able to blog later in the week gushing about great results! Pray for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home