.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Surfin' for a Cruise

Ah, it is almost the end of the school year. I can hear the collective sighs of teachers and children everywhere...

I, myself, am currently surfing the net for the best vacation deals, as I have a few possibilities in mind.

First, my teacher-friend Janice and I are planning a short excursion as a celebration, both for the close of the school year and her long-awaited move to New Mexico. She grew up in NY (although not in the city) and is anxious to go somewhere it is warm and sunny year round, and, since she is not yet 70 (haha) she didn't want to go to Florida just yet.

Secondly is the choice whether or not to make going to Texas a once-a-year-thing. Of course, I'd love to see my nieces and nephew (I haven't even MET Emma, and she's already about 8 months old!) But the tally of friends I'm close too is relatively few. Going to Austin has a high airfare and I'd have to rent a car and stay in a hotel. Still, it would be nice to go for the first time having nothing that HAD to get done. Keeping up with my wonderful friends who have helped me through so much is still a high priority.

Finally, after fantastic trips both to Canada (eh) and Las Vegas, Michael and I are also thinking about booking a cruise. Only we're planning to go to Mexico, with stops at Princess Cays and Jamaica and St. Martin on the way.

I feel so lucky right now...it's so exciting to really be traveling and planning future trips!!

Only about 35 more days til freedom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home