.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Monday, June 12, 2006

Not much

I'm honestly not doing much exciting lately...the summer session of university classes has started again, so I'm going to the same class twice a week. That continues until the middle of next month.

In other basics, I'm still working on decluttering my house and getting all my papers organized. I have to take at least one additional test over the summer (separate from my class) for my teaching certification, and I need to have my materials organized to study. Also, my cruise departs just a few days after the end of school, so I'd like to have things in order before I go, instead of coming home and thinking, "Wow, I live like this!?!"

This is the last full week of my regular schedule, as most of my students graduate on Monday, so I'll be mainly alone in my classroom after that, just preparing to go home and whatever...

I'm excited about the summer. Not only am I doing the test and the cruise, but I'm also applying to Kaplan test prep for summer work and taking a class in proofreading. I don't know if I'll be returning to my present school, so I'll also be poking around to see if I can find a more fulfilling place to work.

Finally, I'll also be seeing a mortgage broker. I don't know if I'll qualify for a decent rate, because some of mom's credit deficiencies went onto my report and I'm still clearing that up, but I've started going to open houses in the hopes that I'll find the perfect co-op or condo to buy with my inheritance as a down payment. (For those of you non-New Yorkers, a simple condo in a nice neighborhood goes for around $400,00. A house is in the $700's, so I guess we'll just see what happens.)

In a totally unrelated comment, I had fallen asleep when I got home from work today and just woke up, having had the strangest dream. Ex-boyfriend, ex-friend and...Jeremy Piven???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home