.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Friday, June 02, 2006

Laundry? In this weather?

I've always thought that the saying about Texas weather, "Wait a minute, and it'll change," must have been meant as a joke. After more than twenty years in Texas, I am qualified to say that there is rarely any change. It's either hot as hell or pouring rain to the point of flooding.

New York, on the other hand, really does get its share of weather-all kinds! Today, after a bright and sunny morning, it started to pour torrential rain. Naturally, this happened just after I had gotten on the train to head home, which brings me to the next point: Here, you gotta live in it.

Texas, the most you really have to do is run to the car. In NYC- rain, shine or snow- you're out in it, walking, climbing stairs to get to a train platform, or waiting for a bus. And for me, that includes having to go to the laundrymat.

I just think it's hilarious that the weather can dictate whether (hahaha) or not I get to have clean underwear! ! No one said moving to the City would be easy! :) Those of you that have washers and dryers in your house, be thankful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home