.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Rollin', rollin', rollin'

This kid will NOT stop rollin around! He is doin belly-flops in there, and making my tummy look all kinds of weird!

Today has been relatively productive, although I am struggling with major heartburn and a pretty good sized headache.

I emailed 2 doula agencies yesterday, and one of them promptly called me back this morning. On Friday, I'll meet one of the ladies in person, and if all seems well, we'll start discussing a contract. She'll come for 2 sessions before the birth to help me create a birth plan and talk about what to expect when the time comes.

We'll get another woman for post partum, who will come for 4 hours at a time for as many days as I'd like, although packages come in 4-day increments. She'll help in almost every way-depending on what I need and want, she'll help me learn to breastfeed, change diapers, recognize what's normal, as opposed to when I should worry or call the doctor, reduce my physical discomfort, give me a massage (!), do laundry, help with baby announcements, fix dinner, encourage Michael to be involved by explaining "new-mom/baby stuff" and telling him outright what he can be doing to make things easier and help with organizing the nursery. Wow-what more could you want? (I may want to keep her forever!!)

Tomorrow, I have more doctors appointments, one for a dermotogist to check out my strange skin rash that showed up on my arm (it's nearly gone, but I'm going to show her anyway, just in case it comes back.) And I have to go see a nutritionist for the the diabetic meal plan.

I am starting to get excited/anxious/nervous for the big day. I suppose I'd never feel really ready, but I still have SO much to do! So, on that note, I leave you to move onto another project!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home