.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Friday, August 17, 2007

Surprises

Can one of the best days ever also be one of the worst?

Today was so special. It was our last day of vacation Bible school, and all 3 of us had a great time. All week I got to be in a skit every morning and lead the closing worship service in the afternoon. Michael ran the games, and Celine got to be a camper. As a special treat, all of the volunteers were invited to lunch afterward.

Only for me, it was an extra-extra special treat. Some of the wonderful ladies working the VBS turned the staff lunch into a surprise baby shower! I was totally and completely shocked, to the point where when everyone yelled, "Surprise!" I didn't even get what was going on. We got some really beautiful gifts. Everyone was so generous, especially considering that we really haven't been at the church for all that long.

After church we had a regular doctor's appointment. The good news is that the baby is doing just fine...completely on track and has a strong, healthy heartbeat. The bad news is that my 3 hour blood glucose test results came in and I'm defintely diabetic due to the pregnancy. So, I have to go to a nutritionist either Monday or Tuesday, and after that, start self-monitoring 5 to 6 times a day. I am also now at the stage where I have to go into the doctor for checkups once a week.

Straight after the OB, we headed to the 3D/4D sonogram appointment. On the way there, we stopped to get some pizza. The 3D session was really fun and we got a few interesting pictures. Since I'm kinda far along, Jensen was a little bunched up, but it is possible to see his face and he even gave us a smile. We think he's got Michael's nose, but definitely my mouth. Wanna see? Go to http://www.my3d4dbaby.com and click on "My Baby's World" and enter my name in the search box, all in lower case, last name (with the space) then first name. When my name appears under the search box, click there, and my album will come up.

After we got the pictures, we headed home. It had been a long day!
However, that's not exactly where it ends...that pizza I had earlier? Well, it came back up. In the brand-new Jeep. All over me. In my brand new tote bag. And ultimately, several cute gift bags (with the gifts taken out first by Celine) were also sacrificed. Blahh. Horrific. And we still had to finish driving the 20 minutes home before I could do anything about it. Michael was given the chance to be a trooper, and definitely was. He helped me get all of my now soaked stuff out of my bag and undress in the laundry room so I could wash my clothes and bag right away. He also went straight upstairs and made me a just-right bubble bath. I got into bed for a little while afterwards, but am feeling much better now. (However, I am really hoping that it was just bad pizza, as opposed to morning sickness returning, as I've read that it can...)

Anyway, I hope ya'll go take a look at the pics and have a great weekend! I'll be answering the phone again as soon as I disinfect it....

1 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave it to me to get a technology clue and finally read a blog. Except it was so interesting I just read a ton of the old ones! I'm psyched that you had so much fun at VBS; I'm sorry it had to end with a little backwards pizza party! Best of luck in these final few weeks! I can't wait to meet Jensen! Love, Janice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home