.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Monday, July 30, 2007

9

weeks, 2 days and counting.

While there is still a lot to do, today was really productive.

Last week, I took Celine for an open call at the John Robert Powers school here in NYC. Out of approximately 75 kids, she was one of 9 asked to return for a callback. From there, she was invited to being training with them, which after a month or so will result in here being invited to about 4 auditions a month arranged throught the school in the hopes of booking paying work in the entertainment industry. Of course, like most training courses, this one also has its regulations, and one of those is a dress code. Most importantly, the children are not allowed to wear denim or sweats to class or auditions. While Celine has many, many clothes, almost everything fits into the two categories forbidden for class. Today we took a trip to Target and fixed that problem. The good news is that everything (2 tops, 6 bottoms) we bought today can mix and match both with each other and is acceptable for church. Yay!

We also got some household supplies, nothing big, but it has been very hard to focus on laundry lately because even after I would get things clean, there were no hangers. Another problem solved! Also picked up a couple of crib sheets and a "going home from the hospital " outfit for Jensen-figured I'd be a'needin' that...took a quick turn down the baby swings and car seat aisle, too, just to look with Michael. We'll probably pick those things up tomorrow, along with the crib mattress. I want to be ready, at least with the car seat and mattress, ASAP, since there's no way to tell when the leetle one might decide to make an appearance.

We also did a little shopping for....me! I have been visiting a particular jewelry armoire at Bombay company for several weeks now. My current jewelry box doesn't have enough of the right size compartments for most of my treasures. (I know, poor me, right?)So, today I went and placed the order and am looking forward to being able to accessorize to the utmost without have to look through one of 4 or 5 places where I might have placed a particular item.

We finished up our day with a relaxing stroll around Barnes and Noble. I had a blood test to measure my glucose (blood sugar) levels recently, and the results came back with me being "borderline diabetic," so my doctor wants me to get a 2nd, more conclusive test. This means fasting (even being pregnant) for 8 hours prior, and then having blood drawn every hour for 3 hours straight. I didn't think I could bear to go without some distraction, so I got the Golden Compass trilogy and a book detailing what should happen with the baby from the last weeks of pregnancy through the end of the first year. (It's a very thick book-even going day by day for the first few weeks). Between my books and my ipod, I think I'll be okay. I'm actually not that worried-although I've already started to alter my diet, just in case.

All things considered, I feel pretty good. It is definitely harder for me to move around now, as not only am I huuuuge, but the relaxin (a preggy hormone that helps the joints spread apart in preparation for birth) has been working really well and sometimes it feels like my hip is kind of pulled out of the socket. Still, I've been trying to walk a little each day, even if it's just up and down the stairs to get laundry, and I think it helps.

Okay, so this is turning into a very long post, so I think I will quit for now. Love to ya'll!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home