.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Poof!

I went to the doctor today for my post-op checkup. I have been declared fit to do whatever, including exercise.

I was happy to discover that my pregnancy weight has disappeared, like magic. Simply giving birth apparently took with it whatever pregnancy had brought on. That doesn't mean that it's not going to take some work to get things closer to normal-my shape has changed a ton, and even with the actual weight gone, my old jeans still don't fit right. But, I am going to work on it. Slowly, carefully, easing back into things.

Michael and I have also been doing some serious talking about our family. Most of you know that he is a bit older than I am, and the idea of being an "old man" (his words, not mine) when the baby is graduating from high school makes him very uneasy. So, if we're going to have others, it will have to be relatively soon. Although I still have a TON to learn about being a mom, I think I could handle two at the same time, if I had some help here and there. The doctor told me I should wait a bit, he said 6 months should be fine, since I'm still pretty young and in decent shape, and then we can start aiming to have another if we want. We're still in talks, and we have at least 6 months to continue discussions without feeling like we're under the gun.

Sigh. Must sleep. Things are good, but busy. Our new washer and dryer have been humming constantly since installed this morning, and then I basically went straight to the doc. He was at the hospital delivering someone else's baby, so I had to wait nearly 2 hours before seeing him. I am glad the day is over. I. Am. So. Tired.

Besides that, having it be tomorrow means it's Amy day!!

1 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger cat said...

Glad things are going so well with Jensen that you'd consider another one. I'm not quite there yet but wish you all the best! Hope it continues to be fun and hope the working out/exercise goes well. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home