.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

1 month

Today Jensen is a month old. In a lot of ways, time has flown. I can't believe he's so big already! He's been to church, out shopping, and to a big birthday party for his grandpa in his 4 short weeks.

On the other hand, I still look at him and think that I am amazed that he was inside me, and I was carrying him around that way. It is especially mind-blowing after a long stretch of carrying him around now that he's on the outside.

Overall, he's a pretty laid-back kiddo. Sure, we have the time between about 6 and 10 where he's sorta fussy, and he'll cry "just cus," but mostly right now, he's asleep or he's awake and pretty happy.

And that makes Momma pretty happy.

Also having her friends around makes Momma happy. Conner came up for a few days and was an amazing help. She not only helped give me a fantastic start on organizing the house, but also modeled being a mom, and took most of my turns getting up the the middle of the night so I could sleep. I was lucky enough to have all that "at home" time with her, but we also got to go to Target for several hours, out to a lovely dinner with Janice, and spend an evening in Manhattan walking around to see Times Square and Rockefeller Center.

Being a new mom is definitely a challenge, but with friends like I have, I know I've got support to get through the tough parts successfully and share the joy of the good parts.

I'm really fortunate that Amy is coming in about 2 weeks to help also. I am so lucky to have such a great group of gal pals!

1 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger Amy said...

We love you mamacita! I can't wait to be there!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home