.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Big Boy??

Went to see the OB on Friday. After months of expressing a concern that I was "all tummy," the doc took one look at me on Friday and said, "MMmmm, I think your baby might be big." Um, duh. He guesses about 8 lbs. And since he is only guessing, I have to call and arrange a sonogram at the hospital to get a more scientific...guess. At this point, it still doesn't change my hopes for how Jensen will be born, and I am still working with my self-hypnosis CD's and loading my ipod.

What else? Oh, yeah, it's also possible that "big" might actually translate to "ready to come out." The sonogram might establish a new due date-surprise!! He may be here at any time and still be considered "fully cooked." At home, we are putting things into overdrive and trying very hard to finish everything as quickly as possible.

Among those things needed to be finished are ordering the announcements and putting everyone's phone number into the automated calling service we're going to use. (Thanks to Jenny for being an example on that. I got a prerecorded birth message from her earlier this week and thought it was the coolest thing. Not having to make 20 phone calls from the hospital will be priceless!)

Still feeling a bit anxious about all of this, but I'm told that it's totally normal until after baby comes, so I won't stress about being stressed. Now, if only I could find away around having to pee 10 times every night....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home