.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Entertainment goddess

Well, I am done with my spending now. I've amped up my entertainment system with a new tv, DVD, VCR and surround sound. Michael is splitting the costs, so this makes the first big purchase that we've made together. (Although an arguement could be made for the boys, but technically, we got them for free.)

I also bought myself a little happy from QVC and have a new bracelet and necklace coming.
I'm thinking I will count them as a graduation gift.

I have decided not to walk in the ceremony, which would take place outside rain-or-shine in the outdoor quad in front of the school library. Reasons for this choice include the major reason of having no audience. The ceremony is a Thursday (explain that, please?) and it would be really hard to convince my family to take the day off to drive to the city to sit in the sun for 2 hours. Michael is actually negative in his "bank" of days he can take off, so he probably wouldn't be able to be there, either.

What I have decided on instead is to send announcements, have a professional picture taken with regalia (which they are just as happy to sell you whether you walk or not) and then have a party on the weekend.

I figure I've already done the graduation thing twice now, and neither one was truly special or memorable. I suppose part of that comes from having a name that comes at the end of the list. At hs grad, we were already halfway across the platform with our row, we were so anxious for the thing to be over, and UMHB, people actually started to leave before the thing was over since they'd gotten their diplomas already. It's the visiting and going to dinner and taking pictures after that was always more fun to me.

Anyway, I have until July to get it all together, so that shouldn't be a problem. Be looking for an announcement in the mail!