.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Friday, April 07, 2006

Home again

The last couple of days have been miserable. I am still sick, or sick again, however you choose to look at it.

On Monday, I started to lose my voice. I taught through Tuesday, then lost it completely. Wed, I stayed home, Thurs I went to the doctor, and therefore, after being diagnosed with yet another virus with symptoms of 100 degree temp and headaches, bodyaches, stuffy AND runny nose and the whole sore throat/laryngitis, I am home again today.

This sucks for a few reasons: first, I am now 3 days off in the unit I am teaching and will have to change my schedules for the next few weeks to backtrack. Then, I am relatively sure this will send me past my 10 sick days for the year, and it's possible that they may take money out of my check, which will then lead to a meeting with various people because at the end of last year, I had 3 days to spare. Those 3 days have disappeared and so I may have to fight for them so I don't lose money that I earned. Finally, when I do go back, it's going to be that very hard period of time of trying to finish recovering physically and still deal with my job. It's hard enough to get back to normal when you just have to sit at a desk, but having to stand up and walk around and mentally engage with your job is so much more difficult.

Sigh. At least there's not too much longer left to go before the end of the school year.