.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Itchy, squirmy

There is something about being pregnant that has changed my body chemistry so that it's really appealing to mosquitos. It was wonderfully cool outside the other night, so we decided to open the balcony door to let the air in. Unfortunately, we realized too late that we had also let in a bunch of bugs. At first, I thought I had avoided bites, but after we went to bed and then woke up the next morning, I discovered that I had been bitten literally from head to toe. Argh.

On top of that, the skin on my belly is pretty much stretched to the max, which interestingly not only itches, but is really sensitive when I try to rub or scratch it. So, I am off to take an Aveeno bath to try to relieve my itchiness. Sigh.

The squirminess, naturally, is the little dolphin I have trying out his flips and turns inside my belly. He's been hanging out on my right side most of the day, so I've felt a bit lopsided. Then, he finally moved, and it really does look like a little dolphin fin moving across my tummy. Coincidently, it also looks like he really likes it when I take a bath. He gets really active when I'm in the water.

If he decides to come on his due date, I've got 1 week and 4 and a half days to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home