.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Monday, May 02, 2005

Coming out party

The last weekend of Spring Break was a blast! For me, the last weekend actually started on Thursday evening when I landed at La Guardia airport. Michael was waiting for me as close to the gate as you can get without having a boarding pass, and I don't know if I can even express how overjoyed I was to see him again.

I've always had a fascination for airports and all that they symbolically represent. Thursday my heart told me that if I ever have to travel alone again, Michael is the one that I want to be coming home to.

Friday he had to work, and I had a lot to do as well, so he took off with plans to see me again Saturday.

On Saturday, we went to Pier 40 and took a sunset cruise around the tip of Manhattan with drinks and dancing. He got the tickets through someone at school, so, not all that surprisingly, there were several co-workers there. I have yet to see how that might show up at school, but some of them were rather rowdy, and we all agreed that no one saw anyone else :)

Sunday was an organization day-I still have a lot of work to do, but all of my files are finally getting sorted! I talked to Conner nearly 3 hours last night and we were up until very early this morning (at least for people who have to get up as early as we do). It was a fantastic conversation- I miss talking to her on a more regular basis.

It's Monday again, and it's the first day back to school. I am actually anxious to see my kiddos again, however it is with the total understanding deep in my soul that there are only 6 or 7 weeks left to put up with them!

Besides that, today will be a planning day. The end of the month holds Mom's birthday in store, and the idea now is to go upstate and see the family for the long weekend. I'm still waiting for confirmation on a work schedule, but the plan is that it will also be Michael's first meeting with the family. Depending on the work schedule, in the next couple of weeks we are also intending to start Pilates reformer sessions and dance lessons to prepare for the Midsummer Night's Swing at Lincoln Center.

Contentment is bliss.

2 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger cat said...

I'm glad your trip was great fun and I'm looking forward to seeing you in NYC this weekend! :)

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger cat said...

Hi Laura... i'm in the city and tried to call yesterday bt the 917 # i have for you didn't work (unless you have a roomie named margaret i didn't know about?). call me if you get this soon 206-383-2285 :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home