.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

terpsichorepapers

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Just 'cuz

Still at school...my little drama group went home about 45 minutes ago and I'm just hanging out in my classroom (instead of working) waiting for Michael to get off from work so we can go home.

Tonight is my first attempt since we've been going out to really be domestic and try to cook something. I have big plans for lemon chicken, glazed carrots and rice with almonds. Sounds simple enough, but when you're really, really not a culinary genius, it sounds a bit scary (I mean, there's fire and oil involved...there are frightening possibilities there!) Anyway, I am hoping for the best and will surely let you know how everything turns out. For later, I have a box of marble brownie mix (I know I can't mess that up, so at least something will definitely be edible.)

Besides that, I am just tired. My last final is tomorrow, and I have no desire to study or really even go. I am sick of learning about educational theories that don't stand a chance of working with the population I teach.

On the up side, my drama group has given in and, if everything works out, will be performing at the NYCTF Welcome Event at Lincoln Center. This may be the only time in their lives that they will be able to speak in front of a totally captive audience of nearly 2,000 and be on a stage at one of the world's most premire performance facilities.
They will be reading excerpts from essays written by students about what new teachers really need to know. (The suggested theme we are working within is "What a Good Teacher Means to Me," so we'll have to do a bit of editing, but it was easier to get them to write the essays the other way without sounding like I wanted them to suck up to me.)

Only 27 more days of junior high left to survive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home